Number of players not changing correctly

Home Forums Forums SW1 Support Forum Number of players not changing correctly

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  soa609 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

soa609
    Participant

Hi, I’m looking at the default opponent models, specifically “Loose” which fits pretty well for the sngs I’m playing. But I believe that the players ranges aren’t changing correctly, here’s why:

Lets say it’s the first hand of a 6max hyper turbo satellite. Everyone has 10bbs and I’m on the button and it folds around to me. Then SNGWIZ tells me the SB’s calling range is 12+%. Looking in to the “Loose” profile, he is supposed to have 12+% when there are 6 players and 17+% when there are 3 players. I would say that we are now 3 players since the first 3 folded. I’m I wrong here? The 17+% range also fits much more than 12+%.

SitNGo Wizard
    Keymaster

The thinking here is that players loosen up when there are fewer players in the hand.

soa609
    Participant

I understand that, but why is the model choosing the 6player range when there are 3 players in the hand? I’ve done some research and I see that SNGWIZ chooses the range based on how many players are at the table, not based on how many players are in the hand.

So in my example there where 6 players at the table, but only 3 players in the hand, and I want it do use the range for 3 players not 6 players, which it’s doing at the moment.

SitNGo Wizard
    Keymaster

Your argument has merit. One could also argue that after 3 players fold the button will on average have better cards that if there are only 3 players in the hand. That should cause the callers to tighten up a bit.

I’m not sure there is any “right” answer. You do have the option in SW1 to create your own custom opponent model. Your custom model can be used in both SW1 and SW2.

soa609
    Participant

Ok, I get it, the button range is wider in a spin&go compared to a 6max sit&go.

I’ve made my own opponent models based on the default “loose” model. But it’s a little inconvenient, since I had to make models for button, small blind, cut off, etc. And change the player model based on what position the players on.

By my experience I believe the way I’m modeling my opponents is fairly close to the truth(6max hypers). But, I could be wrong here.

I’d wish I had the option in SNGWIZ to change the “Number of players”-option in the custom opponent model window, to change from “players at the table” to “players in the hand”. So one could choose which of the two arguments they think is most significant for the type of sng they are playing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.